Thursday, February 5, 2009

What's the Big Deal?


So, courtesy of RedBox (gotta love it), I finally watched The Dark Knight last night for the first time. I was sort of putting it off because I had heard how deranged it was and typically, I find those genre of movies making my stomach churn and dinner wanting to make a rancid reappearance. Surprisingly, I wasn't bothered. I am unconvinced that I am desensitized because Blood Diamond made my blood boil, but I couldn't help but feel that Gotham City is hardly fictional these days. Don't the joker's atrocities mirror our daily news? The only difference is we lack a Batman? Typically, I am not a cynic. I believe our modern day law enforcement is corrupt and inept. (Yes, these are words coming from the daughter of retired law enforcement.) Look at what plagues our headlines today: Obama can't seem to nominate anyone that isn't morally corrupt and the "Tylenol Guy" is gloating over his priors (murder, dismemberment, rape, etc). A free man, with enough capital after being incarcerated for years to own his own business? Why that man is still alive is beyond me. I guess I just need a breath of fresh air these days. So, basically, Dark Knight was fabulous, well scripted, great cinematography, acting, the whole gamut. Too bad there isn't a real Batman to save us.

2 comments:

  1. Well, ya COULD hold your breath and wait, but you'd suffocate long before anything ever had the chance of happening, so I wouldn't strongly recommend it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite super hero is Spiderman featuring Chandler Roberts ! My favorite and unforgetable scene was when he was hanging from the mini blinds by the string tied ever so tightly to his spiderman underware. The true super heros that day was you and I . I held him up while you untangled his wicked web . LOL Supermom asked young Spiderman , "Why did you do that?!" Young spiderman replied , " IT'S MY JOB ! "

    ReplyDelete