Sunday, January 11, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


Okay, so I KNOW this is a children's movie, but I am completely smitten by this series. So much so, that I have my own set of trading cards, so that I can play with Chandler. This past summer when I was bedridden with pneumonia, Chandler watched the series with me for the first time in an all day marathon. I just finished reading "Half-Blood Prince" and will start "Deathly Hallows" this next weekend. I am definitely taking PTO on opening day, LOL.. I am currently reading Half-Blood Prince aloud to Chandler, but it is much more tedious acting out each of the voices, thus we are still on Chapter 2. It'll be a long road, but I read Narnia: Prince Caspian aloud to him, so this task is not unattainable...only have, like, 500 pages to go!

1 comment:

  1. I've been so obsessed with that series (for years) that i actually wrote a 19 chapter HP fanfic. You're JUST FINE, really! :) You know, you could always save your voice and buy the book on cd! (That guy does a FABULOUS job with all those voices!) But that personal mom-son connection is worth being hoarse, I imagine. That's awesome.

    I have to say, I hope you won't be disappointed with Deathly Hallows...'cuz I totally was. I'm interested to hear what you think after you've read it. Or after HBP, for that matter, which I really liked! And one more thing...utter bitterness on my side of the states for the movie release being pushed back 7 months. (Sigh.)

    Someone explain this to me...why am I such a child?! :) Anyway, enjoy the book!!!

    ReplyDelete