Monday, March 23, 2009

Running at a Snail's Pace

Several months back, my good friend (& co-worker), Melissa, invited me to train with her for the Rock n' Roll Marathon in San Diego, CA this May. I had to pass (excuses, excuses, I know) uncertain if my asthma would permit. I have seen Melissa make tremendous gains in her training and look forward to her updates when we are both at work. So, today, with Melissa's relentless encouragement, I hopped on the treadmill and ran an entire mile!!!!! Now if I can just keep up with actually exercising.. Tomorrow? Yoga!

BTW, Melissa still needs sponsors and every little bit counts.. Click on this link and it will take you to Melissa's blog where you can find a link to sponsor her! The marathon benefits the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! It's a good cause and I know Melissa would appreciate your support as well!

http://melissaflenniken.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey friend! Great job! You will be ready to run a race very soon! We'll find a 5K or a 10K to run together. Thanks for sending my link to others! I really appreciate your help! :)

    ReplyDelete