Sunday, May 3, 2009

Shhh! That was SUPPOSED to be a secret!

Well, at first I was upset and embarrassed, but now I find it humorous...

Today, I went to Best Buy to redeem a rewards certificate that was about to expire. I also had a neoprene GPS cover that I bought at Christmas that was ill-fitting, so that was going to be returned at the same time. Yes, I said Christmas, that's how far behind on things I am. So Best Buy graciously took back the 5 month old return, whew! and we set out to pick out some new DVDs with the credit. We went back to our friendly cashier, who regretfully told me that my rewards certificate expired yesterday. What? Again, not surprised. I clearly don't even know what day it is. So I swipe my debit card to pay for the difference and Chandler clearly, exuberantly proclaims, "0-5-0-2" that's what your SECRET CODE IS???!!!" I must have made a terrible face because Chandler's quickly changed from prideful to his "I'm in big trouble face." Yes. That was my pin number, and the four cashiers that heard it now have access to our bank account. I hope no one wants a HDTV or Blu-ray. Needless to say, Chandler cried and cried once I explained the gravity of the situation. He asked me if he ruined my life. Then, I nearly cried. Big, bear hugs followed.

So, I called Wamu or Chase, heck, I can't keep track these days... and my card is now cancelled. A new Chase card to be arriving soon.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh, you go right now to your son and hug him for me! :) Can't wait until one - or both - of my kids does that! Isn't total innocence wonderful? (Most of the time?)

    ReplyDelete